- British Brand
- May outlast 2.5 SHAMPOO BOTTLES
- Suitable for Hair and Body
- Natural Healthy Shine
- Gorgeous Creamy Lather
- Conditions the hair deeply
- Cleans hair locks and scalp
- Refreshes and Cleanses
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Reduces dandruff
- Compact Shampoo Bar
- Easier to Carry
- Long lasting
- Plastic-Free Box
- FREE from SLS, PARABEN and PALM OIL
- Cruelty Free
Brand: Friendly Soap
Net Content: 85 g+
Ingredients: Saponified Coconut Oil, Saponified Olive Oil, Saponified Castor Oil, Aqua, Lavender Essential Oil contains linalool, limonene, geraniol, Tea Tree essential oil contains limonene
Storage: Keep out of direct sunlight. Store in a cool dry place.
- Ensure that the hair is very wet.
- Rub the shampoo bar on the head back and forth ONLY as many times as needed. Rubbing the bar too many times can cause the hair to become dry. Also, the lesser you rub the longer the bar will last.
- Massage the shampoo into your scalp using your fingers (or if you’re owed a treat, ask your other half to). Now rinse your hair with water until every drop of shampoo is out. That’s it – you’re done.
Further suggestions to make the shampoo bar last longer:
1. Remove water from the bar after use.
2. Keep it away from water between uses.
SORRY..these things may affect the performance of natural shampoo:
1. DYED HAIR: Friendly Soap natural shampoo bars are not formulated for coloured hair so some may experience fading.
2. TREATED HAIR: Many treatments and dyes contain harsh chemicals that can strip the hair of natural oils. This may reset the purging* process.
*details on purging provided below
3. HARD WATER: Some areas of the UK have ‘hard water’ this can effect the length of the transition period and performance of our natural shampoo.
TRANSITION TO A NATURAL SHAMPOO: so you love the thought of using a more caring shampoo that’s completely natural, but you’re worried about making the switch from your usual chemical goo. Don’t be. It might take a few washes to make the transition – or ‘purge’ as it’s sometimes called – but it’s easy enough if you follow our simple tips.
At first, your scalp might become slightly oily or dry, or flip between the two. It might feel frizzy or waxy too, like there’s a bit of residue left in it. Don’t panic – this is normal, and it’s just your hair’s way of adjusting because your scalp needs time to rebalance its natural oil production. This stage usually lasts around one week, depending on just how much damage using chemical shampoos has done. Stick with it!
Once your hair has adjusted it will feel softer, cleaner and much more manageable, and that’s because natural shampoo bars clean and condition your hair without stripping it of its natural sebum. Any dandruff might disappear too, because your scalp isn’t being dried out and your skin isn’t reacting to those nasty chemicals most bottled shampoos are full of.
Tips for an easy transition
- Use an apple cider vinegar rinse (see below) instead of a conditioner, as this helps restore your scalp’s pH balance as well as banish old chemicals. It will also protect the shaft of each hair and give it a wonderful shine too.
- Brush your hair gently and often – twice every day is good – brushing it from scalp to tips so you can help redistribute your hair’s natural oils.
- Give your hair a few days off between washes, just to allow it to adjust.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly whenever you wash it, to help make sure you get rid of every trace of shampoo.
- Try using a bit of dry shampoo or corn starch if your hair is feeling oily, rubbing a small amount into your scalp before brushing it through.
- To help calm any frizz or tangles, you can also try using a little argon oil through your hair.
- If your hair has a lot of product built up in it, before you use the shampoo bar try the simple baking soda rinse we’ve detailed below.
Apple cider vinegar spritz
- 1 part apple cider vinegar (use the type with ‘mother of vinegar’)
- 4 parts of water
- A few drops of your favourite essential oil
Baking soda clarifying rinse recipe
Baking soda (or to give it it’s posh name, sodium bicarbonate) is an easy clarifier to use, and it helps lift grease and product residue from your hair.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 – 2 cups of warm water
Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle or cup, then wet your hair, apply the rinse, and work it through. Now rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water, then shampoo it.
Source: Friendly Soap Ltd.